Saturday, 2 April 2011

The King's Speech

As a film, it was above average. A period piece shot in a contemporary fashion, which I completely approve of, fine acting and the score was good, too.

However, I'm not going to talk about the technical stuff because I believe that it helps a film, but it doesn't make a film. I've always been impressed by films that takes the audience on a rollercoaster ride of emotions or is thought provoking. Best yet, when it's both.

The King's Speech for me was like one of those rides in Disneyland, the one with "it's a small world" where at the end of it, you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

But more importantly, it showed me how powerful friendship is and the great wonders it can do. In the King's Speech, friendship overcame fear. Friendship diminished one's lack in confidence. All through the power of friendship.

Which got me to think about my own friends. I know, lately I've been a big sourpuss and I haven't made things easy for you guys at all. And as you all know (or at least you, Dari) that I'm dealing with some self-esteem issues and I just want you guys to know that I'm so glad I have you and that I value our friendship. It means a lot to me and you guys are great and thanks for sticking with my stubborn self. Some of you believe in shock therapy, some of you believe in empathy, others are just good listeners. Whatever it is, I'm glad you're here at all and that I love each and every one of you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment