Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Great Expectations

Is it so hard for me to expect that you greet me with a smile when I pass you in the hallways? Is it completely out of the question for me to hope that you'll get excited when you see me in the mornings? You used to, you know.

We'd hug in the mornings. You'd tell me things. It wasn't all about her. 

You tell me things about your innermost thoughts, your fears and best of all, your aspirations. For awhile, you'd tell me how you wish you were someone else. Someone whom things work out for. Someone who gets the girl at the end of the day. Someone who had it all. 

Both of us were so pathetic but at least we had each other. We were pathetic together. No judgment. 

What's changed is that while you're still pathetically over her. I am falling pathetically head over heels for you. 

So forgive me if I sulk when you ignore me in the hallways. Excuse me for walking away each time I feel like my presence is not desired by you. Especially when I could never do that to you. I could never ignore you. I could never not want you around. 

I'm sorry I ever thought you felt the same way. And no, I don't mean romantically. Even generally. You hardly acknowledge my existence. You only love me when I do things for you. You only talk to me when we're apart. What kind of friendship is this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment