Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Sometimes I wonder if you miss me. The actual me. If you miss my stupid laugh or the way I was never 'myself'. If you ever miss my sighing. My mood swings. If you miss my annoying little texts, apologising for something or simply finding an excuse to talk to you. Not just the bad, but those times when we'd skype call. Talk about other people's sex lives. Talk about my love life. I think whether or not you miss Geography, when we'd sit next to each other in the Mac Labs, or in Biology. I wonder if you miss me sitting behind you in Physics asking you questions completely unrelated to Physics. Or in any of our classes really, when someone cracks a joke and our eyes find each other (but I may just be imagining this).

Do you miss me at all? Do you think of me every once in awhile?

In Prague, walking through the Charles Bridge, there was a moment when everything was very quiet in my mind. All I heard was the wind. The sound of couples holding hands. Parents pushing babies in their strollers. Birds flying. All that was tuned out. The sun had set. It was that specific time of day when the sky was painted with hues of purple, red and orange. In that moment, I couldn't help but think to myself, "I wish you were here." Then my mind went on with fantasies of our conversations, the type of things we'd argue about, the moment where we'd fall silent.

You know when you can almost feel someone right beside you and you open your eyes and they're not there?

I don't think I've ever missed you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment