RANT I:
There are very few things I frown upon, but today I realized that one of the things I do frown upon is misguided hope. It's not their fault. They don't know the full story. They hardly know anything. Which brings me to my next point, don't you just hate it when you know more than someone and you need to tell them something but you can't because you're not supposed to?
That might've been a little hard to follow without the proper context, but I won't give you that. Those who know, will understand, those who don't... tough.
I am not even sure who I am rooting for anymore. Either way, it's so hopeless. It's so, so hopeless and I don't blame either of them. It's him. It's all his fault. Why is he so goddamn likable? He leaves much to be desired physically, and his personality? The novelty wears off. He's not a perfect human being, he does not have the best intentions and he does not deserve you.
RANT II:
I don't understand why my mum can't be a normal, typical single mum. I mean, I understand why, I just don't know why she can't... get over this obstacle? She's never been single, so what?! She's got friends. She used to tell me tales of all these men that used to chase after her. What happened to them? Can't you go out with them some of these weekends so I can do the same! I feel like I keep myself at home because you can't bare to be alone. I get it, I really do. It sucks and it's awful and it's not fair, but it's not fair for me either. I can't feel guilty each time I go out and have a good time and I certainly can't deprive myself of it on your account. I'm only young once.
RANT III:
The fangirl in me is resurfacing. I had it with Twilight, had it with The House of Night, and I had it with The Hunger Games... now emphasis on the word had. Hmm. Apparently not, after watching The Hunger Games it all just came back again. My undying love for Peeta. My unwavering sympathy for Gale. Peeta and Katniss F O R E V E R. I took out my books... re-read all my favorite quotes. It's horrible. I feel like Grade 7-9 Elida all over again. Which I guess it's not so bad since Elida then was a lot happier. Or had less troubles, at least.
I had my books. My fictional characters. The motivation to do work before 8pm so I could read before bed. Break time, lunch time, sports day... my nose was stuck in a book. Now, I value social interactions with people, but for what? People let you down. My books never did. Maybe I should stick with my books.
As for the movie itself, it was only good because I read the books... as a stand alone movie, not so much. I thought the cast was amazing, though. Josh Hutcherson was perfect. A little short, but perfect nonetheless. I didn't like Jennifer at first, but she grew on me. Liam Hemsworth sjkfijbsijfbwakbfjkwv there are no words. He was Gale. The jealousy, the sadness. I could see it with just one glance. That and he's beautiful.
RANT IV:
I feel like all boys want from me is to either bang or make-out. Some of these guys are so tactful, they text you the night before to make sure you'll be out... tell him the drinks are on him... get you drunk... then take advantage of you. It's like, there's a decree out there stating, "If you are frisky, haven't got laid, or the last time you made out with someone was 8 months ago, please feel free to contact Elida and she will release you from your woes. Just be nice, show miserly amounts of interest and you're good to go!" I feel like my nickname has become me now. Which is not true.
Aren't there boys out there who genuinely like me? Who favour an engaging conversation than engaging in intercourse? No? Okay.
My faith in humanity... lost. You all suck. The people in Panem (bar President Coin, the careers, and sometimes Snow) are so much cooler. So instead of writing a word for Film, doing my SAT practice tests and planning my TOK essay, I'll re-read those books.
RANTS OVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment