I'd confidently say that I pick extremely talented people to surround myself with and I've always been proud of this.
The problem emerges when those abundant amounts of talent that your group of friends possess get increasingly overwhelming. Now, this doesn't actually have anything to do with your friends. In fact, quite the contrary. It reflects how you feel about yourself.
Your friends are like foils, showcasing all of your shortcomings.
So what do you do?
Buddha once said,
"Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind."
Easier said than done, Mr. Buddha. An unenlightened creature such as myself succumbs to her emotions and lets them get the better of her. If I had to choose my downfall, one of them would be for listening too intently to my heart and not my mind. My actions, my words are all driven by emotion. But I digress, at the end of the day, I have too little confidence in myself to be able to unthink what has been so thoroughly sowed in my brain: the notion that I shall forever be inferior to my friends.
What does a girl do?
No comments:
Post a Comment